Tips for a Successful Elearning Student
Category: E-learning Articles
Follow these simple steps to become a successful online learner
1 - Familiarize yourself with the computer and software’s
- Be Comfortable with, with the computer based software and web based software.
- Use the tutorial on the software used by the learning management system (LMS), read it, learn it
2 - Familiarize yourself with the course curriculum
- Familiarize yourself with the course curriculum guidelines.
- It has all of the information you need for your online course.
- Familiarize yourself with the Information about the course description, objectives, and requirements, course meetings, assignments and testing.
3 - Take advantage of technology
- You don’t have to be a tech wiz to use the available technology, basic computer and web knowledge is enough.
- Learn a range of ways for communicating on the web like chatting, e-mail etc.
- Blogging, Podcasting, video conferencing and wikis are all tools to help you with online studying
4 - Be organized and self-motivate yourself
- It is very easy to become careless and distracted during online studying course. Being organized will help you in keeping focus.
- Organize your study time, work hours and free time.
- Make a schedule and stick to it.
- Don’t let minor set backs derail you.
- Log on to your computer LMS daily
5 - Create and publicize a study schedule
- This will help you focus on your studies without distractions
- This will also create and indicate a schedule to others, so they will not to disturb you while studying
- Try and maintain your study schedule at all costs.
6 - Interact with your peers
- Contribute and exchange your ideas, perspective and comments with your virtual classmates.
- Join online student communities and blogs
- Start a blog of your own and invite students studying the same subjects
- Encourage your colleagues to join your blog to solve problems together.
7 - Interact with your Faculty
- Continuously stay in touch with your trainer
- Ask them If you are having technical difficulties, or problems understanding something about the course
- Since your trainer cannot see you, you must be absolutely clear about your comments and requirements.
8 - Evaluate and test yourself
- Evaluate yourself constantly for progress
- Take tests after through preparations
- Don’t hurry to take the tests, time them carefully
- Have your work evaluated by fellow classmates, colleagues and teachers
9 - Create a support system
- Before starting your online course create a support group.
- Notify your family, employer and friends tell them what would be involved and needed from them.
- Allot some of your work don’t try to do everything.
- Decide how responsibilities will be reallocated while you are participating in online learning.
10 - Netiquettee-remember the do’s and don’ts
- When you are online be alert for netiquettes
- Both the real world and the virtual world are inhabited by people so same rules apply.
- Be careful of what you say on the net never be rude.
- The web does not give you license to practice racism or air your prejudices
- Share your knowledge freely
- Respect privacy of other people